Noble Families & Organizations
Coinage of note:
Cities of note:
Towns of note:
Inns of note:
Taverns of note:
Rest Spots of note:
Bridges of note:
Ruins of note:
Shrines of note:
Raw Materails of note:
Ancient History of Noriag: Before the 1st cataclysm, Noriag was a prosperous and dominant country on the south-eastern region of the continental Isle of Midgard. It was closely connected to the land of Grebi, which now lies in the northeastern region of the great isle known as East Fjella. The two lands were landfast, making them geographically interconnected.
Noriag extended far to the southeast, nearing the now sunken isle of Ljostari. Such proximity allowed Ljostari Elks to swim to Noriag’s shores. Over time, these Ljostari Elks managed to thrive and multiply, giving rise to Ljostari Elk herds in the wilderness.
The dominant race in Noriag before the cataclysm was the Tatongol. They held sway over the lands, but as time passed, they retracted westward, and today, the nearest Tatongols are found in Noriag’s neighboring countries, Mumak and , in their western regions.
Then came the cataclysmic event known as the 1st Cataclysm, which changed the world dramatically. The southern parts of Noriag and the northern parts of Grebi sank, parting the isles and lands, forever changing the geography of the region.
Grebi’s Supportive Role: Throughout the ages, the peoples of Grebi has been steadfast supporters of civilized development in the region. Even during the turbulent times of tribal warfare since the 1st Cataclysm, Grebi’s people demonstrated a commitment to coexistence and peaceful cohabitation. When the Wanderers came during what’s known as The Crossing, marking the end of the First Age and the beginning of the Second Age, Grebi stood as a beacon of support for the idea of coexistence among old and new races and factions.
As the Age of Hordes emerged, and the realm faced challenges, Grebi continued to play a vital role in supporting the realms’ unity. During the brief time of The Realm, when the concept of a High King and united capitals were instituted, Grebi lent its support to this transformative endeavor.
The Rise of the Arisen: With the advent of the Second Age and the cataclysmic sinking of Ljostari, Noriag’s shores experienced flooding. However, fortunately, the impact of the cataclysm was mainly limited to Noriag’s most south-eastern shores and river mounds.
Amidst the flooded lands and burial sites, extraordinary events occurred. The Arisen Race emerged from burial mounds, graves, and tombs, spirits was sparkled alive once more, now within half or long decayed corpses, awakening these earthly remains from their eternal slumber. These undead beings found themselves roaming the wilderness, forming an enigmatic presence in the region. Since their scattered awakening, the Arisen have grouped in settlements and cities.
As Noriag’s history continues to unfold, the tales of the Arisen and their mysterious connection to the cataclysmic events have become part of the country’s legends and lore. They are a reminder of the ancient history and the ever-changing nature of the world they inhabit.
Northern Border – Egral and Zapri:
Noriag’s northern border is primarily shared with the country of Egral, with which it maintains friendly diplomatic relations. The two countries have a history of cultural exchange and shared traditions, as evident in the festivals and trade fairs that occasionally take place along the border.
The festivals and trade fairs that occasionally take place along the Northern Border between Noriag, and Egral are mainly held at. Sunset Pass is a significant geographical location that serves as a natural meeting point between the three countries. Its strategic location makes it an ideal place for gatherings, celebrations, and commercial activities.
The pass is known for its stunning views during the evening, which is why it was named Sunset Pass. The setting sun paints the sky with a myriad of colours, creating a breathtaking backdrop for any event. It is a symbol of unity and cooperation among the neighboring nations, as people from all three countries come together to participate in these festivals and trade fairs.
During these events, merchants and traders from Noriag, and Egral, converge at Sunset Pass to showcase their goods and engage in commerce. Local artisans and craftsmen display their products, and visitors can find a diverse array of items, ranging from exquisite textiles and artwork to unique artifacts and delicacies.
Aside from trade and commerce, the festivals at Sunset Pass also include cultural performances, traditional dances, music, and storytelling. It’s a time for people to celebrate their shared history, appreciate each other’s cultures, and build stronger ties between the neighboring countries.
However, due to its significance and the presence of people from different regions, the area can also be prone to tensions and occasional conflicts, particularly between merchants and travelers who may not always see eye to eye. Nonetheless, the festivals and trade fairs continue to be a cherished tradition that fosters camaraderie and mutual understanding among the people of Noriag, and Egral.
The northern border is defined by the majestic Egral Mountain Range, which extends into Noriag’s territory, forming a natural barrier between the two countries. Travel across this border is often facilitated by well-maintained passes, allowing for regular exchanges of goods and ideas between the nations.
Some parts of the northern border, particularly in the north-eastern corner, are shared with, a neighboring country known for its vibrant markets and bustling cities.
Passes across Northern Border – Egral and Zapri:
The Northern Border of Noriag shares its boundary with two neighboring countries, Egral to the northwest and Zapri to the northeast. This region is marked by a diverse range of mountain passes that traverse the rugged landscapes and provide vital connections between the nations.
1. Central Border Passes (Noriag-Egral):
The central portion of the Northern Border is home to four broad mountain passes that facilitate trade, cultural exchange, and diplomatic relations between Noriag and Egral. These passes are well-travelled by merchants, diplomats, and adventurers seeking to explore the wonders of both lands.
: Situated in the heart of the central border, Everpeak Pass is the most renowned and frequently used route between Noriag and Egral. Its name is derived from the everlasting snow that caps the surrounding peaks. Despite its high elevation, Everpeak Pass is relatively safe, making it an important trade route that supports the exchange of goods and resources between the two countries.
: This pass is named after the majestic eagles that soar above the rugged cliffs surrounding the route. Eagle’s Gorge is a treacherous yet awe-inspiring path that runs parallel to the winding river below. It is primarily used by adventurous travelers and mountaineers who seek to experience the breathtaking beauty of the wilderness.
: Frostbite Pass earned its name due to its extreme temperatures and icy conditions during the winter months. While it is less commonly used for regular travel, it serves as an essential trade route for transporting valuable goods like rare herbs and minerals that thrive in the chilly climate.
: Sunset Pass is famous for the stunning vistas it offers during the evening hours. Travelers passing through this route are treated to mesmerizing sunsets that paint the sky in hues of gold and crimson. It serves as a cultural bridge between Noriag and Egral, as it is often used by performers and artists travelling between the countries.
2. Eastern Border Passes (Noriag-Egral):
Towards the eastern end of the Northern Border, two higher and more treacherous passes lead into Egral. These passes are challenging to navigate but have played a crucial role in the historical interactions between the two nations.
: Cloudveil Pass is named for the thick, ever-present mist that shrouds the mountain peaks. Its unpredictable weather conditions and frequent fog make it one of the most perilous routes in the region. However, adventurers and explorers brave the pass to uncover the secrets hidden within the cloud-covered peaks.
: This pass is so named due to its reputation as a favorite location for stargazing. Starseeker Pass offers a clear view of the night sky, free from the light pollution of nearby settlements. Many scholars and astronomers from both Noriag and Egral journey here to study the stars and celestial phenomena.
3. Border Passes to Zapri:
The northeastern part of the Northern Border shares a boundary with the country of Zapri. This region is characterized by two distinct types of passes – higher, mountainous ones and lower, more accessible routes.
: Frostfang Pass is one of the high-altitude passes that connect Noriag and Zapri. The pass gets its name from the icy fangs of the mountain peaks that dominate the landscape. It is mainly used during the warmer months, as it becomes extremely dangerous and impassable during winter.
: This lower, more approachable pass lies to the east of Frostfang Pass. Zephyr Pass is characterized by gentle slopes. It serves as an essential trade route, as it is navigable throughout the year, allowing for the movement of goods and people between Noriag and Zapri.
The passes across the Northern Border of Noriag are not only vital for trade and travel but also foster cultural exchange and understanding between Noriag, Egral, and Zapri. The diverse landscapes and challenging terrains of these passes make them both formidable and enchanting, adding to the rich tapestry of the region’s history and lore.
Eastern Border – Spiy:
Noriag’s eastern border faces the country of Spiy, a land known for its lush forests and mystical lakes. The border region is characterized by dense woodlands and enchanting valleys, which provide ample opportunities for trade and cultural interaction. The two countries share a deep appreciation for art and music, with musicians and artisans often crossing the border to showcase their talents at various festivals and gatherings.
Along the eastern border, several ancient shrines and temples dedicated to the spirits of nature stand as a testament to the shared reverence for the land’s mystical energies. The border is well-patrolled by both countries to prevent any unauthorized crossings, but trade caravans and cultural emissaries are warmly welcomed.
The Eastern Border of Noriag runs along the coast to the south and stretches upwards, crossing several imposing mountains and valleys before reaching the northern end of the country. This region is renowned for its enchanting landscapes, dense forests, and challenging mountain passes that connect Noriag with the neighboring country of Spiy.
The Eastern Border of Noriag begins at the azure shores, where the crystal-clear waters of the sea lap gently against the sandy beaches. This picturesque coastline is dotted with small fishing villages and serves as a vital trade route for coastal communities.
2. Mt. Himla and Mt. Cersty:
As the border moves inland, it passes through the majestic peaks of and . These mountains are shrouded in myths and legends, with locals believing that the spirits of the ancient giants still roam their slopes. The passes between these peaks are challenging, and travelers must navigate treacherous terrain to cross from Noriag to Spiy and vice versa.
3. The Enchanting Valley of Aratia:
Located north of Mount Cersty, the is a lush and dense woodland filled with an otherworldly beauty. The valley is known for its ethereal fog and magical aura, which has inspired countless poets and artists. Travelers who venture through this enchanting valley often speak of feeling as though they have stepped into a dream.
4. The Trio of Peaks:
Continuing northward, the Eastern Border crosses three formidable mountains – , , and . These peaks rise high into the sky and are often capped with snow, even in the warmer months. Each mountain has its own unique challenges and mysteries, making the journey across them a true adventure.
: Named for the frequent storms that batter the region, Stormpeak Pass is a narrow and winding path that can be dangerous during inclement weather. It is said that the wind howls like a banshee through the pass, adding to its eerie reputation.
: Suncrest Pass is bathed in sunlight during most of the day, and its slopes are covered in vibrant alpine flora. Travelers crossing Suncrest Pass are treated to breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and forests.
: Moonshadow Pass is shrouded in perpetual shadow due to its position between the other two mountains. The pass is known for its cool temperatures, even during the summer, and travelers often find respite from the heat of the sun here.
5. The Narrow Pass and High Mountain Range:
After passing through the trio of peaks, the Eastern Border reaches a narrow pass known as . This pass is notorious for its narrowness and the towering cliffs that surround it. Only the most skilled mountaineers and travelers dare to cross Veilgrip Pass.
Beyond Veilgrip Pass lies the long and treacherous high mountain range, aptly named the.
This rugged range is dotted with a few narrow and perilous passes, each requiring great determination and expertise to traverse. The passes are often obscured by dense snow and ice, making the journey arduous even for the most seasoned explorers.
The Eastern Border of Noriag with Spiy is a land of awe-inspiring beauty, untamed wilderness, and mysterious legends. Travelers who venture through this region are rewarded with unforgettable experiences, but they must also be prepared to face the challenges that come with crossing the formidable mountains and valleys that guard the border.
Southern Border – Coastal Shoreline:
To the south, Noriag’s border is defined by its expansive coastal shoreline, where the azure waters of the sea meet the rugged cliffs and sandy beaches. The coast is dotted with quaint fishing villages and bustling ports, serving as vital centers of trade and maritime commerce. The region’s coastal towns boast a rich maritime heritage, with skilled fishermen and sailors navigating the waters to bring abundant catches and exotic goods.
Along Noriags southern shorelines western half lies these four harbours.
- : Located at the mouth of the , this bustling port serves as a major trade hub for the region. The river’s deep waters allow large cargo ships to dock, making it an ideal location for importing and exporting goods. Brimscale Port is known for its diverse range of trade, from exotic spices and precious gemstones to fine textiles and exotic woods from the nearby forests.
- : Nestled in a sheltered cove, Merrowhaven is a picturesque fishing port that also caters to small-scale trade and commerce. The village surrounding the port is inhabited by skilled fishermen and their families, who have perfected the art of catching and preserving the bountiful marine life in the waters off Noriag’s coast.
- : Built into the rocky cliffs, Seacliff Harbor is a strategic port with natural defenses against potential invaders. It’s well-known for its shipyards, where skilled shipbuilders craft sturdy vessels that can withstand the treacherous waters of the western sea. Seacliff Harbor also boasts a lively market that attracts traders from both nearby coastal regions and inland towns.
- : Situated at the westernmost point of Noriag’s southern shoreline, Stormwarden Port is a gateway to the uncharted waters beyond. It’s named after the , a group of seafarers who are renowned for their bravery and skill in navigating the rough seas and unpredictable storms of the western ocean. The port is a center of exploration, trade with distant lands, and tales of daring adventures.
Along Noriags southern shorelines eastern half lies these eight harbours.
- : Located at the northeastern tip of , Crescent Bay is a picturesque port nestled between high cliffs and azure waters. Its strategic location and sheltered position make it an ideal harbor for coastal trade and fishing vessels. The port’s crescent-shaped beach is a favorite spot for locals and travelers alike.
- : Situated at the southeastern end of Jagguws Stretch, Sunwatcher Harbor offers stunning views of the rising sun over the open ocean. It’s renowned for its vibrant fishing community and serves as a key stopover point for ships travelling along the eastern coastline.
- : Found within the , the Whispering Coves are a network of three sheltered ports tucked away amidst lush greenery and rocky outcrops. These tranquil coves provide a haven for smaller ships seeking respite from stormy seas and offer a thriving market for local seafood delicacies.
- : Located on the western side of , Breezeport enjoys a refreshing sea breeze and offers an excellent vantage point for observing breathtaking sunsets. The port is famous for its wooden shipbuilding yards and skilled craftsmen, who produce sturdy vessels to withstand the rigors of maritime travel.
- : On the eastern side of Olmin Peninsula lies Stormhaven, a port renowned for its maritime heritage and naval prowess. It houses a grand naval academy where sailors and ship captains are trained to navigate the perilous waters of the eastern ocean. Stormhaven is also known for its impressive lighthouse that guides ships safely into the harbor.
- : Nestled within the , Dolphin’s Cove is a serene port flanked by cliffs and embraced by crystal clear waters. The cove is famous for its unique dolphin-shaped rock formations, making it a popular destination for sightseeing and leisure sailing.
- : Situated at the heart of Bay of Djursi, Coral Harbor is named for the vibrant coral reefs that lie just offshore. It is a thriving center for marine exploration and a hub for exporting Noriag’s exquisite coral crafts and underwater treasures.
- : On the western side of Bay of Djursi, Sunburst Bay boasts golden sandy beaches and a calm harbor. The bay is particularly enchanting at sunrise and sunset, earning its name from the brilliant sunbursts that illuminate the horizon.
These ports play a crucial role in Noriag’s economy and offer a range of opportunities for trade, exploration, and cultural exchange, making them vital components of Noriag’s coastal line. Each one has its unique charm and offerings, making them essential destinations for traders, travelers, and adventurers alike.
Given the importance of maritime trade, the coastal border is heavily guarded against potential pirate attacks and smugglers. Coastal forts and watchtowers ensure the safety and security of Noriag’s waters and territorial integrity.
Power Struggles: The different races and settlements often have differing priorities and interests. This can lead to power struggles within the Council, with each representative advocating for their own people’s needs and concerns.
Resource Allocation: Disputes over resource allocation can create tensions. Some regions may feel they are not receiving a fair share of resources, leading to resentment and conflicts.
Cultural Differences: Each race has its own unique culture, traditions, and customs. While the Council encourages cultural exchange, there can be instances of cultural clashes and misunderstandings.
Security Concerns: The presence of undead Arisen in Noriag can be a source of fear and anxiety for some of the living races. Security concerns arise when dealing with the undead population.
The Countrywide Council of Noriag is committed to promoting peaceful coexistence and understanding among all races in the country, including the Fautyrs. They recognize the importance of preserving the natural environment and the rights of the indigenous races to live in their ancestral lands.
When it comes to settlers and construction in areas inhabited by the Fautyrs, the council takes a cautious and diplomatic approach. They understand that the Fautyrs may have valid concerns about the impact of human settlement on their sacred lands and natural habitats. The council engages in dialogue with Fautyr leaders and representatives to find mutually agreeable solutions.
In some cases, the council may designate certain areas as protected zones to prevent settlers from encroaching on Fautyr territories. They also enforce strict regulations on resource extraction and land use to ensure that it is done sustainably and without causing harm to the Fautyrs’ way of life.
The council encourages peaceful negotiations and aims to build positive relationships with all races in Noriag. They understand that a harmonious relationship between humans and other races is essential for the overall prosperity and stability of the country.
While there may be occasional tensions between settlers and the Fautyrs, the Countrywide Council of Noriag works diligently to address these issues and ensure that all races can coexist peacefully and respectfully within the country’s borders.
Astral Site/Gate Control: The presence of monsters guarding ancient ruins and Astral Site/Gates can lead to conflicts over control of these valuable resources.
The handling of monsters around Astral Site/Gates in Noriag is a joint effort between the locals and The Countrywide Council. The council recognizes the importance of keeping these sites safe and free from dangerous creatures that might hinder their exploration and usage. However, the council also understands that dealing with such monsters can be a challenging and potentially dangerous task.
In less severe cases, where the monsters are not overly dangerous or numerous, the locals themselves, along with the assistance of local guards or militia, may take on the responsibility of handling the situation. They are familiar with the terrain and have a better understanding of the local wildlife, making it easier for them to address any threats.
For more significant monster infestations or highly dangerous creatures that pose a threat to the Astral Site/Gates, The Countrywide Council may indeed request the aid of external organizations such as the Monster Hunters or Oktogon. These organizations are known for their expertise in dealing with dangerous creatures and have skilled members who can safely and effectively handle the situation.
The decision to call in external help would depend on the severity of the monster problem and the resources available to the locals and The Countrywide Council. The council would weigh the cost of hiring such organizations against the potential threat posed by the monsters and the importance of securing the Astral Site/Gates.
Overall, the goal is to ensure the safety of the Astral Site/Gates and allow for smooth exploration and usage, whether that involves local efforts or the assistance of specialized monster-hunting organizations.
Economic Disparities: Some settlements may be more economically prosperous than others, leading to feelings of inequality and grievances.
External Threats: Noriag faces external threats from neighboring countries and hostile factions, which can strain the unity of the Council as different races may have varying strategies for dealing with these threats.
Despite these conflicts, the Council does its best to mediate and find compromises to maintain peace and unity. It relies on skilled diplomats, mediators, and leaders to bridge the gaps between races and settlements. The Council also encourages open dialogue and cultural exchange programs to foster understanding and cooperation.
In times of crisis, the Council’s unity is put to the test. However, the memory of The Great Invasion and the Cleansing Crusade serves as a reminder of the importance of staying united against common threats. The Council’s ability to navigate these conflicts and challenges is vital to ensuring the stability and prosperity of Noriag in a world that remains fraught with uncertainty and danger.
The Threats within:
Within the Countrywide Council of Noriag, there are certainly intrigues and plots unfolding. As the Council represents various races and settlements, each with their own interests, it’s only natural for some families of royal blood to vie for power and influence.
The Empty Throne: With the death of the commonly elected King in the Cleansing Crusade, the throne of Noriag remains empty. Different noble families from various races see this as an opportunity to claim the crown for themselves, leading to behind-the-scenes political maneuvering and alliances.
The Empty Throne in Noriag has been a subject of contention since the death of the last commonly elected king. Several noble families and individuals have laid claim to the throne, each with their own level of influence and support. As of now, the top five claimants to The Empty Throne are:
- : Known for their unwavering commitment to honor and justice, House Ravenshield commands the respect of many in Noriag. They have a formidable military force at their disposal, including skilled knights and warriors.
- : Known for their diplomats and negotiators, House Silverbrook is skilled at forging alliances and maintaining peaceful relations. Their influence is particularly strong in matters of trade and commerce.
- : A mysterious and enigmatic family, House Bloodmoon wields powerful magic and mystical knowledge. They have a loyal following among those who value arcane arts and seek guidance in matters of the unknown.
- : Residing in the frigid northern regions of Noriag, House Thundertide is known for its naval prowess and mastery of the lakes. They have a strong presence in matters of defense and security.
- : Known for their military strength and strategic acumen, House Ironcrest has a reputation for being fierce and determined. They have loyal supporters among the martially inclined and those who value strength in leadership.
Each of these claimants has its own circle of supporters and allies, and they are constantly vying for the support of other noble families, commoners, and factions within Noriag. The strength of their claims depends on their ability to garner support, establish legitimacy, and demonstrate their ability to lead and protect the interests of the country.
The situation is highly fluid, and the balance of power may shift depending on various political and social factors. As a result, the question of who will ultimately sit on The Empty Throne remains uncertain, and the struggle for power and influence continues.
Rival Factions: The different races and settlements within the Council may form factions to promote their interests. These factions might compete for control and dominance within the Council, often engaging in covert actions to undermine each other.
Secret Alliances: Some noble families may secretly form alliances with external forces or factions outside Noriag to gain an advantage in the power struggle. This could involve seeking support from neighboring countries or even dealing with shady organizations or underworld figures.
Assassination Plots: In their quest for power, certain families might resort to extreme measures, including attempts at assassinating rivals or influential Council members. These plots can create an atmosphere of suspicion and distrust within the Council.
In the complex political landscape like Noriag, it is possible that some noble families within the Countrywide Council may use a combination of locals and external agents for assassination plots. Hiring locals can offer certain advantages, such as having individuals who know the region well and can navigate it discreetly. Additionally, locals may be more familiar with the customs and culture of the target, making it easier to execute the plot.
On the other hand, hiring external agents can provide a level of anonymity and distance from the plot, reducing the risk of exposure for the noble families involved. External agents may also bring specialized skills or resources that locals may lack, making them more effective in carrying out complex and clandestine operations.
Ultimately, the choice to use locals or external agents for assassination plots would depend on the specific circumstances of each situation, the resources available to the noble families, and their overall strategy and objectives. It is important to note that assassination plots are illegal and unethical. In any civilized society, such acts would be condemned and punishable by law.
Influence over Resources: Controlling key resources or strategic locations in Noriag can give certain families significant leverage over others. This might involve attempts to control important Astral Site/Gates, rich mines, or fertile lands.
Religious Tensions: Different races in Noriag may have their own religious beliefs and affiliations. This can lead to religious tensions within the Council, with some families trying to gain influence by aligning themselves with particular religious groups.
Spies and Informants: Families seeking to gain an advantage may employ spies and informants to gather intelligence on their rivals’ activities. This information can be used to blackmail or discredit opponents.
In the complex political landscape like Noriag, it is possible that some noble families within the Countrywide Council may use a combination of locals and external agents for spionage. Hiring locals can offer certain advantages, such as having individuals who know the region well and can navigate it discreetly. Additionally, locals may be more familiar with the customs and culture of the target, making it easier to execute the plot.
On the other hand, hiring external agents can provide a level of anonymity and distance from the plot, reducing the risk of exposure for the noble families involved. External agents may also bring specialized skills or resources that locals may lack, making them more effective in carrying out complex and clandestine operations.
Ultimately, the choice to use locals or external agents for spionage plots would depend on the specific circumstances of each situation, the resources available to the noble families, and their overall strategy and objectives. It is important to note that such plots are illegal and unethical. In any civilized society, such acts would be condemned and punishable by law.
The political landscape of Noriag is intricate and constantly evolving, with hidden agendas and secret motives at play. The Council’s role in mediating these intrigues is crucial to maintaining stability and preventing open conflicts. However, beneath the surface, the struggle for power continues, with some families willing to go to great lengths to grasp the crown and control the destiny of Noriag.
In Noriag, there are several seafarers’ guilds that play a crucial role in the maritime industry and the coastal communities. These guilds bring together sailors, shipbuilders, traders, fishermen, and other maritime professionals to promote their common interests, ensure fair practices, and foster camaraderie among those involved in seafaring activities. Some of the prominent seafarers’ guilds in Noriag include:
- : This guild represents a wide range of seafarers, from sailors and navigators to ship engineers and riggers. The Mariners’ Alliance focuses on skill development, safety training, and negotiating fair wages and working conditions for its members. They also collaborate with shipowners and harbor authorities to improve port facilities and ensure smooth maritime operations.
- : Comprising skilled shipbuilders and carpenters, the Shipwrights’ Guild is responsible for constructing and repairing ships across Noriag’s coastal regions. They maintain a high standard of craftsmanship and uphold the tradition of wooden shipbuilding, which has been passed down through generations.
- : Representing fishermen from various coastal communities, the Fishermen’s Union advocates for fair market prices for seafood.
- : As a network of merchants, traders, and ship owners, the Traders’ Consortium facilitates the exchange of goods and commodities across Noriag and its neighboring countries. They organize trade fairs, negotiate contracts, and ensure the smooth flow of goods in and out of the ports.
- : Dedicated to enhancing navigational skills and knowledge, the Navigators’ Guild trains aspiring sailors in celestial navigation, cartography, and weather forecasting. They also conduct research on maritime routes and contribute to the exploration of new territories.
These seafarers’ guilds not only contribute to the economic prosperity of Noriag but also foster a sense of community among those involved in seafaring professions. They serve as important pillars of the maritime society, preserving ancient traditions while embracing advancements in navigation, shipbuilding, and maritime trade.
Shady guilds and thievery organizations
In Noriag, like in many other lands, there are shady guilds and thievery organizations that operate in the shadows, away from the watchful eyes of the law. These clandestine groups thrive in the untamed wilderness and the bustling cities, engaging in various illegal activities for profit and power.
: A secretive guild of master thieves, known for their agility and ability to blend into the darkness. They specialize in high-profile heists, stealing valuable artifacts and treasures from well-guarded locations, including the ancient ruins guarded by monstrous creatures.
To order an item or buy from The Shadowed Hands, you will need to follow their specific process, which is likely to be clandestine and discreet due to their shady nature. Since they are a secretive organization, they might not have a public storefront or shop. Instead, they may rely on word-of-mouth, secret meetings, or coded messages to conduct their business.
Here’s a general idea of how you might go about contacting The Shadowed Hands to inquire about their offerings and make a purchase:
- Gather information: Try to find out about any rumors or whispers related to The Shadowed Hands and their activities. Speak to well-connected individuals or other shady characters who might have knowledge of how to reach them.
- Find a contact: Identify a trustworthy intermediary or middleman who has connections with The Shadowed Hands. This person may act as a go-between, relaying messages and requests on your behalf.
- Send a discreet message: Craft a discreet and coded message indicating your interest in their offerings. Avoid mentioning specific items or prices directly in the message.
- Arrange a meeting: If your message is received and deemed worthy of their attention, The Shadowed Hands may arrange a secret meeting at a predetermined location. This meeting could be in a secluded area or a hidden place where their presence won’t be noticed.
- Negotiate and purchase: During the meeting, you can discuss the items you’re interested in and negotiate the terms of the purchase. Be prepared for their enigmatic and mysterious demeanor.
- Payment and delivery: Once an agreement is reached, make the payment in the currency they prefer or through an agreed-upon method. The delivery of the item will likely take place in a secure and untraceable manner.
Remember, interacting with The Shadowed Hands can be risky, and their involvement often comes with a price beyond the monetary one. Be cautious and prepared for the unpredictable when dealing with this clandestine organization. Of course, all these details are purely fictional for a fantasy setting. In reality, be law-abiding and considerate when buying items and services from reputable and legal sources.
: An underground network of spies and assassins, catering to the highest bidder. They are skilled in espionage, gathering intelligence, and eliminating targets with ruthless efficiency. Some noble families might secretly employ their services for political gain.
Hiring The Nightshade Brotherhood, a renowned group of mercenaries and assassins, can be a challenging and secretive process. Here’s how characters might go about doing it in a fantasy setting:
- Gather information: Characters should first gather as much information as possible about The Nightshade Brotherhood. Speak to well-connected individuals, ask around in shady establishments, or seek out rumors and whispers about their activities.
- Find a contact: Characters need to identify a trustworthy intermediary or middleman who has connections with The Nightshade Brotherhood. This person will act as a go-between and help arrange a meeting with the Brotherhood’s representatives.
- Send a discreet message: Craft a coded or discreet message indicating your interest in hiring The Nightshade Brotherhood. Avoid revealing too much information or your exact intentions in the initial message.
- Arrange a meeting: With the help of the intermediary, arrange a secret meeting at a secure and hidden location. This meeting should be away from prying eyes and ears to ensure the utmost confidentiality.
- Negotiate terms: During the meeting, characters can discuss the job they want The Nightshade Brotherhood to undertake. Negotiate the terms of the contract, including payment, the scope of the assignment, and any special requirements.
- Secure the contract: If The Nightshade Brotherhood agrees to take the job, they will provide a contract outlining the agreed-upon terms and conditions. Characters should review the contract carefully before signing it.
- Make the payment: Once the contract is signed, characters need to make the payment to The Nightshade Brotherhood. This could be in gold or any other valuable currency or item as per the agreement.
- Wait for results: The Nightshade Brotherhood is known for its efficiency and effectiveness. Characters will need to wait for them to complete the assignment. The Brotherhood might provide regular updates or remain silent until the task is finished, depending on the nature of the job.
- Discretion and secrecy: Throughout the hiring process and the completion of the task, characters should maintain utmost discretion and secrecy. The Nightshade Brotherhood’s reputation relies on their ability to work in the shadows, and revealing their involvement could have severe consequences.
Keep in mind that dealing with mercenaries and assassins comes with its own set of risks and moral dilemmas.
: A mysterious group of smugglers and black-market traders. They facilitate the illegal trade of rare and forbidden items, including dangerous magical artifacts and rare wildlife, which are highly sought after by collectors and practitioners of dark arts.
Gaining contact with The Midnight Traders, a secretive and enigmatic group of merchants and traders, can be a complex task. Here’s how characters might attempt to do so in a fantasy setting:
- Seek out rumors: Characters should start by gathering rumors and information about The Midnight Traders. Speak to merchants, travelers, and other well-connected individuals who might have heard whispers about the group’s activities.
- Attend trade gatherings: Look for trade gatherings, fairs, or exotic markets where The Midnight Traders are rumored to have a presence. These gatherings might serve as meeting points for those seeking their services.
- Find a reputable intermediary: Characters could seek out a trustworthy individual who has connections with The Midnight Traders. This person might be able to introduce them to the group or act as a go-between.
- Show credibility: The Midnight Traders are likely to be cautious about new contacts. Characters should demonstrate their credibility and trustworthiness to gain the group’s attention.
- Leave subtle clues: If characters are unable to find a direct contact, they might leave subtle clues or messages indicating their interest in The Midnight Traders. These messages could be left at specific locations or handed to people who are likely to have connections with the group.
- Utilize code or symbols: Use a code or specific symbols that are known to be associated with The Midnight Traders. This can act as a way of signaling interest without directly revealing intentions.
- Be patient: The Midnight Traders are elusive, and gaining contact with them might take time. Characters should be patient and persistent in their efforts.
- Offer valuable goods or services: If characters have access to valuable goods or services, they might use them as a means of attracting The Midnight Traders’ attention. The group is known for its interest in rare and exotic items.
- Follow the shadows: The Midnight Traders operate in secrecy and prefer to keep their identities hidden. Characters might need to follow rumors and hints to track down the group’s location or rendezvous points.
- Respect their discretion: The Midnight Traders value their privacy and discretion. Characters should respect their boundaries and understand that they might not be able to gain direct contact with the group immediately.
As with any secretive organization, dealing with The Midnight Traders comes with its own set of risks and uncertainties. Characters should proceed with caution and be prepared for unexpected twists and turns in their quest to gain contact with this elusive group.
: A notorious group of dueling champions and mercenaries, offering their deadly skills to the highest bidder. They are often hired to settle disputes, eliminate rivals, or protect the interests of powerful families.
The Veiled Blades is an elite group of highly skilled assassins and spies known for their deadly precision and secretive operations. Here are the top four members of The Veiled Blades:
- Selene Nightshade: Selene is the leader and mastermind behind The Veiled Blades. She is a shadowy figure, known for her exceptional cunning and tactical brilliance. Selene’s skills as an assassin are unmatched, and she has a reputation for always getting the job done. She is also a skilled spy, capable of gathering vital information without leaving a trace. Selene’s dark, mysterious presence instills fear in her enemies and respect among her allies.
- Lucian Shadowstep: Lucian is the master infiltrator of The Veiled Blades. He possesses an uncanny ability to move through even the most heavily guarded places without being detected. Lucian’s expertise lies in getting close to his targets, eliminating them swiftly and quietly, and then disappearing into the shadows without a trace. He is a master of disguise and can assume various identities to carry out his missions.
- Isabella Bloodthorn: Isabella is the deadliest blade among The Veiled Blades. Her skills with various weapons, especially her dual blades, are legendary. She is known for her agility, speed, and deadly precision in combat. Isabella’s reputation as a formidable fighter strikes fear into the hearts of her adversaries. She often serves as the front-line enforcer when the situation calls for a more direct approach.
- Alistair Nightshade: Alistair is a master of poisons and covert operations. He specializes in using toxic substances to dispatch his targets silently and without raising suspicion. Alistair’s knowledge of deadly toxins and their effects is unparalleled, and he can concoct potent poisons tailored to specific situations. He operates with a cold, calculating demeanor, making him an invaluable asset to The Veiled Blades.
Hiring The Veiled Blades is an arduous task, given their secretive and exclusive nature. The organization operates through a network of trusted intermediaries and informants. To hire one of The Veiled Blades, one must follow these steps:
- Seek out a reputable middleman: Find a person or organization known for having connections with The Veiled Blades. This intermediary will act as a go-between, conveying the hiring party’s request to the assassins.
- Prove the urgency and worthiness of the contract: The hiring party must provide compelling reasons why the target needs to be eliminated and how the success of the mission will benefit The Veiled Blades.
- Negotiate terms and conditions: The intermediaries will negotiate the terms of the contract on behalf of both parties, ensuring the safety and discretion of The Veiled Blades while setting the price for their services.
- Provide a secure location for the meeting: The Veiled Blades value secrecy and safety. The hiring party must provide a secure and discreet location for the initial meeting.
- Await confirmation and results: Once the contract is accepted, The Veiled Blades will operate in silence and secrecy. The hiring party will receive confirmation of the mission’s success, and payment will be handled through the intermediaries.
It is crucial to note that hiring The Veiled Blades comes with significant risks. Their services are expensive, and they choose their contracts carefully. Only the most influential, desperate, or cunning individuals or organizations manage to secure their deadly skills.
Skjald El Mary
: An enigmatic organization that deals in intrigue and manipulation. They are skilled in spreading rumors, forging documents, and orchestrating complex schemes to sway public opinion and control the political landscape.
Approaching The Masked Court and planting intel requires finesse, cunning, and careful planning. The Masked Court is a secretive and influential organization, and gaining their trust and access to their inner circles is a challenging task. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to approach them and plant intel:
- Gather Information: Before attempting to approach The Masked Court, gather as much information as possible about their activities, members, and the nature of the intel you want to plant. Understand their hierarchy, rituals, and preferred methods of communication.
- Identify a Trusted Insider: To gain access to The Masked Court, you’ll need a trusted insider who can vouch for you and introduce you to their circles. Look for individuals who may have connections or sympathies towards your cause. This could be a disgruntled member or someone seeking a favor or alliance.
- Create a Convincing Backstory: Develop a compelling cover story that aligns with the goals and interests of The Masked Court. Your persona should be someone they would welcome into their circles and find valuable.
- Attend Public Gatherings: If possible, attend public gatherings or events hosted by The Masked Court. Use this opportunity to subtly make contacts and demonstrate your interest in their activities.
- Earn Their Trust: Building trust with The Masked Court will be a gradual process. Be patient and persistent in your interactions, showing genuine interest in their affairs without revealing too much about your intentions.
- Offer Valuable Information: Once you have gained some trust and familiarity, discreetly offer small pieces of valuable information that may interest The Masked Court. This will help establish your credibility and pave the way for planting more significant intel later.
- Identify the Right Moment: Wait for the right moment to plant the intel. Choose a time when the court is preoccupied with other matters or during a significant event when they may be more vulnerable to distractions.
- Use Disguises and Misdirection: When planting the intel, employ disguises and misdirection to divert suspicion from yourself. Make use of decoys, mislead conversations, and cleverly introduce the information in an inconspicuous manner.
- Ensure Discretion: It is essential to ensure that your actions remain discreet and undetected. The Masked Court values secrecy above all else, and any suspicion could lead to dire consequences.
- Exit Strategically: After successfully planting the intel, make a smooth and inconspicuous exit. Avoid lingering or drawing attention to yourself that could raise suspicion.
Keep in mind that approaching The Masked Court and planting intel is a risky endeavor. The consequences of being caught or discovered could be severe. Always prioritize your safety and have a contingency plan in case things don’t go as planned.
: A network of information brokers and spies, providing valuable intelligence to those who can pay the price. They have their eyes and ears in every corner of Noriag, gathering and selling secrets to the highest bidder.
Acquiring secrets from The Whispering Guild is a delicate and clandestine process. The guild operates in the shadows, and gaining access to their secrets requires careful navigation of their network. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to acquire secrets from The Whispering Guild:
- Establish Contact: To begin, you must establish contact with a trusted insider or informant who has ties to The Whispering Guild. Look for individuals who may be sympathetic to your cause or who have personal reasons to cooperate with you.
- Demonstrate Value: Once you have identified a potential contact, demonstrate your value to The Whispering Guild. Offer information or services that could be beneficial to them. Show that you have access to valuable resources or that you can provide assistance in their endeavors.
- Show Discretion: The Whispering Guild values secrecy above all else. Demonstrate your ability to keep secrets and maintain confidentiality. Avoid sharing unnecessary information and be cautious in your interactions.
- Pay the Price: Acquiring secrets from The Whispering Guild comes at a cost. Be prepared to offer a substantial amount of gold or valuable goods as payment for the information you seek. Negotiate the price carefully, as haggling may not be well-received.
- Employ Disguises: If necessary, use disguises and misdirection to protect your identity and intentions. The Whispering Guild is skilled at uncovering hidden motives, so be cautious in your actions.
- Respect the Code: The Whispering Guild operates by a strict code of conduct and honor among its members. Show respect for their traditions and practices to gain their trust.
- Be Patient: Acquiring secrets from The Whispering Guild may take time. Be patient and persistent in your efforts. Build a relationship with your contact over time to increase the likelihood of success.
- Use Dead Drops: Dead drops are secret locations where information can be exchanged without direct contact. Consider using dead drops to communicate with The Whispering Guild to reduce the risk of exposure.
- Protect Your Identity: Keep your identity and intentions well-hidden. Avoid revealing too much about yourself, as The Whispering Guild may use any information they have against you.
- Exit Strategically: After obtaining the secrets you seek, make a swift and inconspicuous exit. Avoid drawing attention to yourself or arousing suspicion.
Acquiring secrets from The Whispering Guild is not without risk. Be aware that if you are caught or suspected of treachery, the consequences could be severe. Always prioritize your safety and have a contingency plan in place.
: A reclusive group of alchemists and potion-makers. While not inherently malicious, their knowledge of potent elixirs and poisons makes them valuable assets to those willing to bend the rules for personal gain.
The Enigmatic Alchemists are known for their secretive and enigmatic nature, and their approach to selling their wares reflects this. They do not typically have conventional shops or storefronts like other merchants. Instead, they often prefer to operate discreetly and sell their potions, elixirs, and other alchemical products from hidden locations or backdoors.
The Enigmatic Alchemists may use various methods to maintain secrecy and confidentiality in their transactions:
- Hidden Locations: They may have secret laboratories or hidden alcoves where they conduct their business. These locations are known only to their trusted clients and are often well-guarded to prevent unauthorized access.
- Backdoor Transactions: Rather than openly displaying their products, The Enigmatic Alchemists may conduct transactions through backdoors or hidden entrances. This ensures that only those who are in the know can access their products.
- Word of Mouth: They rely on word of mouth and discreet networks to spread information about their products. They may have trusted customers who act as intermediaries and connect potential buyers with the alchemists.
- Special Events: The Enigmatic Alchemists may occasionally organize special events or gatherings where they showcase their wares to a select group of individuals. These events are invitation-only and held in secretive locations.
- Dead Drops: Some alchemists use dead drops or secret locations where customers can leave payments and receive their purchases without direct contact.
- Code Names: To maintain anonymity, The Enigmatic Alchemists may use code names or aliases when interacting with clients.
Due to the secretive and elusive nature of The Enigmatic Alchemists, gaining access to their products can be challenging. They prioritize confidentiality and often cater to a select group of clients who have proven their trustworthiness and loyalty. If you seek their alchemical products, you may need to establish a relationship with a trusted intermediary or find a way to earn their confidence.
These shady guilds and thievery organizations operate with secrecy and discretion, making it difficult for law enforcement to track them down. Some may have hidden alliances with certain noble families or even powerful entities seeking to exert control over Noriag’s affairs. The existence of these organizations adds an element of danger and intrigue to the already complex political landscape of the country.
Several of Noriag’s noble families (Houses) did join the 1st Alliance, supporting the idea of The Realm and a High King during the years of 1170 to 1250. In fact, some of these noble families played crucial roles in the formation of the alliance and the establishment of The Realm.
: Known for their unwavering commitment to honor and justice, House Ravenshield was among the first to pledge support to the 1st Alliance. Their formidable knights and warriors were instrumental in defending the realm and upholding the values of The Realm.
: Known for their diplomats and negotiators, House Silverbrook played a vital role in forging alliances between various factions and regions. They were instrumental in bringing together different noble families and races under the banner of The Realm.
: Hailing from the frigid northern regions of Mumak, House Thundertide provided a unique perspective from the realm’s borders. Their hardy warriors and skilled trackers proved valuable in protecting the realm’s frontiers.
: Known for their elite group of swordmasters and dueling expertise, House Starblade brought martial prowess and a code of honor to the alliance. Their swordmasters became renowned across The Realm for their skills.
: A mysterious and enigmatic family wielding powerful magic and mystical knowledge, House Bloodmoon brought arcane arts and mystical support to the 1st Alliance. Their involvement played a significant role in securing The Realm’s magical defenses.
: Residing in the remote and harsh northern regions of Noriag, House Winterfell provided valuable insights into the wilderness and the threats that lay beyond The Realm’s borders. Their knowledge of the lands and their hardy warriors proved to be an asset to the alliance.
: A family with deep connections to the Fautyr, House Moonshadow represented the interests of the semi-human race during the negotiations. Their ability to understand the ways of the wilderness and bridge the gap between races was highly regarded.
These noble families, among others, were instrumental in bringing about the concept of The Realm and the idea of a High King. Their support and cooperation helped establish the foundations of unity and cooperation among different races and regions within The Realm.
Some of Noriag’s noble families (Houses) stood out during The Great Invasion and the subsequent Cleansing Crusade. Their actions and contributions played a significant role in defending Noriag and its people from the invading forces and in restoring order after the invasion.
House Ravenshield: Known for their commitment to honor and justice, House Ravenshield’s formidable warriors and knights played a crucial role in the defense of Noriag during The Great Invasion. They were at the forefront of many battles, defending key strategic locations and rallying the forces of Noriag against the invaders.
House Thundertide: With their expertise in tracking and knowledge of the northern regions, House Thundertide’s warriors were instrumental in scouting the movements of the invading forces and providing crucial information to the Noriag forces. Their vigilance helped prevent surprise attacks and ambushes.
House Silverbrook: Known for their diplomatic skills, House Silverbrook played a critical role in negotiating alliances with other regions and races, both within Noriag and among neighboring countries. Their ability to foster cooperation and unity among different factions was invaluable during the crisis.
House Bloodmoon: With their mastery of powerful magic and mystical knowledge, House Bloodmoon played a vital role in strengthening Noriag’s defenses and bolstering the abilities of the Noriag forces. Their magical prowess was crucial in repelling the invaders and protecting key locations.
House Starblade: Renowned for their swordmasters and dueling expertise, House Starblade’s warriors were instrumental in facing the invaders in one-on-one combat. Their exceptional combat skills and valor in battle inspired the troops and boosted the morale of Noriag’s forces.
House Moonshadow: With their deep connections to the Fautyr and their understanding of the wilderness, House Moonshadow’s warriors and scouts provided invaluable intelligence during The Great Invasion. Their knowledge of the terrain and the ways of the Fautyr helped the Noriag forces navigate through difficult and unfamiliar territories.
These noble families, among others, distinguished themselves during the invasion and demonstrated unwavering loyalty to Noriag and its people. Their contributions, leadership, and bravery during The Great Invasion and the Cleansing Crusade earned them respect and admiration from the Noriag population and solidified their positions as influential and respected houses within the country.
Here are eight current great noble families in Noriag, each with its unique characteristics and influence:
: Known for their unwavering loyalty to the crown and the state council. House Ironcrest has a long history of producing skilled warriors and military leaders, and they are often entrusted with important positions in the country’s defense forces.
: Renowned for their expertise in trade and diplomacy. House Silverwood controls vast merchant fleets that navigate the coastal waters of Noriag, establishing trade routes with neighboring countries and distant lands.
: A family with mysterious origins, House Nightshade is associated with ancient knowledge and arcane arts. They have powerful sorcerers and seers among their ranks, making them sought after for their mystical counsel. In fact, those of House Nightshade are considered to be of mixed heritage, with ancestry tracing back to various races such as Drakk Alfar, Ljost Alfar, Kobold, and Fautyr. House Nightshade is known for their unique lineage, and their members often exhibit a blend of physical and magical traits inherited from their diverse ancestors.
The intermingling of different races in House Nightshade’s lineage has contributed to their reputation for possessing a wide range of abilities and skills. They might have the agility and grace of the Ljost Alfar, the cleverness and craftsmanship of the Kobold, the strength and resilience of the Fautyr, and the magical prowess of the Drakk Alfar.
Due to their mixed heritage, members of House Nightshade often have a heightened affinity for various types of magic, making them formidable spellcasters. Their unique blend of traits also gives them a certain adaptability and versatility, allowing them to excel in a variety of roles and professions.
While House Nightshade’s ancestry is diverse and intriguing, it is essential to remember that every individual is unique and may display different characteristics and talents. Their mixed heritage is something that the members of House Nightshade take pride in, as it has contributed to their family’s strength and resilience over the years.
: Famous for their dominance in shipbuilding and naval prowess. House Stormrider commands a formidable navy and has played a crucial role in safeguarding Noriag’s shores from sea-based threats.
: Known for their exceptional craftsmanship and mastery of architecture. House Whitestone has built some of the most awe-inspiring structures in Noriag, including grand castles, temples, and fortresses. House Whitestone has a Drakk Alfar among its ancestors. The noble families of Noriag often have diverse lineages that can be traced back to various races, and House Whitestone is no exception. The presence of Drakk Alfar in their ancestry might contribute to certain physical traits, magical abilities, or characteristics that members of House Whitestone may possess.
As with House Nightshade, the diversity in ancestry among the noble families is a source of pride and strength. It allows them to draw upon a wide range of talents and abilities, making them formidable individuals in various aspects of life, whether it be in politics, combat, diplomacy, or arcane arts.
Having a Drakk Alfar among their ancestors might also give House Whitestone a unique perspective and understanding of the underground world, the Void, and ancient lore, which could prove valuable in different situations. It is one of the factors that contribute to the rich tapestry of Noriag’s noble families and their intriguing histories.
: A family deeply connected to the Fautyr race, House Blackthorn is respected for its strong ties with the semi-human community. They serve as diplomats between different races and have a keen understanding of the wilderness and its inhabitants.
Yes, the rumors about a Lady of House Blackthorn having a love affair with a Fautyr some 200 or so years ago are indeed true. Such love affairs between members of noble houses and individuals from other races, including Fautyr, are not uncommon in Noriag’s history. These unions have often resulted in mixed-lineage offspring, adding to the diversity and complexity of the noble families in the country.
The Lady’s love affair with the Fautyr might have been a source of controversy and intrigue at the time, as relationships between different races were not always readily accepted by all. However, over the years, Noriag has grown to be more accepting of such unions, recognizing that they can foster understanding and cooperation between different races.
The descendants of this love affair between the Lady of House Blackthorn and the Fautyr would carry a unique heritage, combining the traits and abilities of both races. Such mixed-lineage individuals can be found in various positions and roles across Noriag, contributing their diverse skills and perspectives to the country’s society and culture.
The Lady of House Blackthorn and the Fautyr involved in the love affair were known as Ladyand the Fautyr was called . Their relationship was shrouded in secrecy and kept hidden from the public eye due to the social norms and prejudices of the time. However, their love for each other was strong and genuine, transcending the boundaries of their respective races. The legacy of their union continues through their descendants, who carry a blend of both human and Fautyr traits, making them unique individuals with a rich and diverse heritage.
: Revered for their impeccable hunting and tracking skills. House Moonshadow excels in navigating the wild terrains of Noriag, and their members are often called upon to undertake important scouting and reconnaissance missions.
: Known for their association with the powerful Arisen undead. House Emberfall has ancient ties to necromantic arts, and they are known for their ability to commune with the spirits of the departed, providing guidance and wisdom to the living.
These noble families are influential figures in Noriag, and their actions and decisions can significantly impact the country’s politics, economy, and culture. Each family’s unique strengths and specialties contribute to the diverse and vibrant tapestry of Noriag’s society.
The five most preferred and skilled defense force leaders in Noriag are:
- Lord Marshal : A renowned military strategist and commander from House Stormblade. He is known for his brilliant tactical mind and unwavering loyalty to Noriag.
- Lady Commander : A fearless and skilled warrior from House Ravenshield. She has led many successful campaigns and is respected for her courage and determination on the battlefield.
- General : A brilliant diplomat and military leader from House Silverbrook. He excels in both negotiating alliances and leading troops into battle.
- High Captain : A seasoned naval commander from House Thundertide. He is known for his expertise in naval warfare and protecting Noriag’s shores from coastal threats.
- Captain : A skilled captain and commander of the coastal defense forces. She is known for her expertise in maritime warfare and protecting Noriag’s ports and shores.
As for House Ironcrest, they are indeed among the most preferred and skilled defense force leaders in Noriag. They have a long-standing reputation for their unwavering commitment to honor and justice, making them highly respected among the military leaders. Lord Commanderis a charismatic and capable leader who has earned the trust and admiration of his peers and subordinates. Under his leadership, House Ironcrest has played a crucial role in defending Noriag’s borders and maintaining peace within the realm
‘Swine Bro’ a half-Pigryn
The King of the human Rimzir race, ruling the southern lowlands towards the sea in Gilmatas, was King. He was a brave and honorable ruler, known for his skills in both diplomacy and warfare. He was loved by his people and respected by neighboring rulers. The Queen of the Rimzirs, who tragically became a victim of the Pigryn raid, was Queen . She was a kind and compassionate woman, deeply devoted to her people and her family. Her beauty and grace were renowned throughout the kingdom.
Their son, born in 1203, whos name is forgotten as he became known as Swine-Bro, a half-human half-Pigryn child. He carried the physical traits of his monstrous father but was raised with the love and care of his human mother’s people. Despite the circumstances of his birth, Swine-Bro grew up to become a formidable and complex figure, torn between his dual heritage.
Skjald El Mary
The toll gate crews
There are toll gate crews along Noriag’s roads, and some of them indeed stand out for various reasons, both positive and negative. These toll gate crews are responsible for collecting tolls from travelers and ensuring the maintenance and safety of the roads. Here are a few toll gate crews that have gained a reputation across the country:
: This toll gate crew is known for their friendliness and helpfulness towards travelers. They are often praised for their warm smiles and willingness to assist those passing through. The Smiling Wardens are renowned for providing travelers with useful information about nearby inns, landmarks, and any potential dangers on the roads.
: On the other end of the spectrum, The Ironfists are notorious for their strict and no-nonsense approach. They are known to be stern and unyielding in their duty, ensuring that travelers pay the toll promptly and follow all rules and regulations. Their reputation for being tough enforcers makes them feared by some, but respected by others.
: These toll gate crews are known for their efficiency and speed. They pride themselves on keeping the traffic flowing smoothly and minimizing any delays for travelers. The Swift Sentinels are admired for their ability to process toll payments quickly and keep the roads well-maintained, making them popular among merchants and traders.
: Unfortunately, not all toll gate crews have a positive reputation. The Greedy Collectors are infamous for their corrupt practices, extorting additional fees from travelers and pocketing the extra money for personal gain. Their dishonesty and greed have led to numerous complaints and even protests from travelers and locals alike.
: This toll gate crew operates in the more remote and dangerous regions of Noriag. They are known for their stoicism and silence, often communicating with hand signals or using simple gestures. Despite their quiet demeanor, they are highly skilled at handling potential threats and ensuring the safety of travelers passing through treacherous areas.
These toll gate crews play a crucial role in maintaining the economy of Noriag and ensuring the safety and security of its roads. However, the varying attitudes and practices of these crews can create a mixed perception among travelers, depending on their experiences at different toll gates across the country.
The Outstanding crew
: Some toll gate crews have extended their responsibilities beyond just collecting tolls. The Mercenary Guardians are known for their combat prowess and are hired by wealthy merchants and nobles to provide protection for caravans and travelers passing through dangerous territories.
Hiring The Mercenary Guardian can be a delicate process, as they are a highly skilled and sought-after group of mercenaries. The Mercenary Guardian is known for providing top-notch protection services to their clients. To hire them, one must follow these steps:
- Contact: The first step is to establish contact with The Mercenary Guardian. This can be done through a discreet intermediary or through a known contact who can vouch for your intentions.
- Negotiation: Once contact is established, negotiations begin. The price for hiring The Mercenary Guardian can vary depending on the nature of the assignment, the level of risk involved, and the duration of the contract. They are known to charge a premium for their services, as they are known for their exceptional skills and reliability.
- Confidentiality: The Mercenary Guardian places a high value on confidentiality and discretion. Clients may be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement to ensure that the details of the assignment and the identity of the client remain confidential.
- Terms of Service: The terms of the contract will be discussed and agreed upon. This includes the scope of the assignment, the expected deliverables, and the timeframe for completion.
- Upfront Payment: The Mercenary Guardian may require an upfront payment as a sign of commitment and to cover initial expenses. The rest of the payment is usually made upon successful completion of the assignment.
- Contract Signing: Once all terms are agreed upon, a formal contract will be drawn up and signed by both parties. The contract will outline the details of the assignment, the payment terms, and the responsibilities of both parties.
It is essential to approach the hiring process with utmost professionalism and respect for The Mercenary Guardian’s reputation and expertise. They are known for their sense of honor and integrity, and any attempts at deception or dishonesty may result in refusal to take on the assignment.
The price for hiring The Mercenary Guardian can be substantial, as they offer premium services and are known for their effectiveness in protecting their clients. The exact cost will depend on the specific requirements of the assignment, and it is best to negotiate with them directly to determine the final price.
Drakk Alfar (underground/fortresses): The Drakk Alfar are an ancient and reclusive race that dwells underground in fortified cities and hidden enclaves. They are skilled miners, architects, and engineers, known for their impressive underground constructions. The Drakk Alfar have a deep connection to the earth and stone, and they are excellent craftsmen, creating intricate sculptures and valuable artifacts from precious gemstones and metals. They prefer to keep to themselves, avoiding unnecessary contact with other races.
: A massive underground fortress and capital of the Drakk Alfar. Carved deep into the heart of a mountain, Stoneheart Citadel is an intricate maze of tunnels and chambers. It serves as the center of their society, housing the Drakk Alfar’s council and valuable repositories of knowledge and artifacts.
: A renowned blacksmithing and engineering city of the Drakk Alfar. Located near a dormant volcano, Emberhold Forge is famous for crafting powerful weapons, armor, and intricate mechanical devices. The glowing embers from the volcano illuminate the forges, creating an awe-inspiring sight.
Fautyr (faun/satyrs in dense woodlands): The Fautyr are semi-human beings with the upper body and head of a human, goat-like legs and horns, and a horse-like tail. They inhabit the dense woodlands of Noriag, living in remote settlements and communing closely with nature. The Fautyr are skilled shape-shifters, able to take on different forms as needed for survival or disguise. They are known for their affinity with wildlife and their mastery of herbalism and potion-making.
: Another Fautyr community located in a remote region of the woodlands. Fautyr’s Haven is a place of celebration and revelry, with vibrant festivals and dance performances that go on throughout the night. The Fautyr here are skilled in potion-making and often share their concoctions with visitors.
: A hidden Fautyr settlement nestled within a dense and enchanting woodland. The Fautyr here live in harmony with the creatures of the forest and are known for their incredible musical talents. The glen is said to be filled with soft whispers and haunting melodies that enchant anyone who enters.
The Fautyr of Whispering Glen are known to be some of the most aggressive and fiercely protective of their natural surroundings. They have a deep connection with the wilderness and are dedicated to preserving the pristine beauty of their homeland. The Whispering Glen is a dense woodland filled with ancient trees and mystical flora, and the Fautyr view it as their sacred duty to defend it from any intruders or encroachments.
When it comes to preventing new settlements or unauthorized excavations at ancient ruins and Astral Site/Gates, the Fautyr of Whispering Glen are particularly vigilant. They see themselves as the guardians of these ancient places and believe that disturbing them could bring harm to the delicate balance of nature.
Their aggressive nature is born out of a strong sense of duty and responsibility towards the land they inhabit. They will not hesitate to use force or other means to protect their territory and ensure that the natural beauty of the Whispering Glen remains untouched and preserved for generations to come.
Kobold (forests and roughlands): The Kobolds are a humanoid race resembling stocky, rhino-like beings with thick hides and a large nose horn. They live in small fortified settlements scattered across the forests and roughlands of Noriag. The Kobolds are natural engineers and crafters, favoring mechanization and inventions to improve their daily lives. They are skilled metalworkers and are known for creating intricate mechanical devices.
: A fortified Kobold settlement built atop a high plateau, surrounded by roughlands. Ironclad Bastion is a marvel of Kobold engineering, featuring intricate gears and mechanisms to defend against potential threats. The Kobolds here are skilled metalworkers, and the settlement is renowned for its craftsmanship.
: Located deep within the forests, Rhinostead Village is a Kobold community that coexists harmoniously with the natural world. The village is known for its impressive treehouses and wooden structures, as well as the beautifully crafted wooden carvings that decorate their homes.
Ljost Alfar (forests and mountainsides): The Ljost Alfar are a graceful and elusive race that dwells in the deep forests and on mountainsides. They are renowned poets, philosophers, and craftsmen, and they excel in the arts of enchantment and magic. The Ljost Alfar are known for crafting legendary artifacts, potions, and elixirs with mystical properties. They have a deep connection with the natural world and are often sought after for their wisdom and knowledge.
: A serene and mystical gathering place for the Ljost Alfar, surrounded by ancient trees and shimmering pools. Stardust Grove is where the Ljost Alfar come to meditate, reflect, and draw inspiration from the natural beauty around them. It is said that the stars themselves shine down upon this sacred place at night.
: An ethereal Ljost Alfar settlement built into the side of a mountain, overlooking a sprawling valley. Moonlit Spire is a place of enchantment, with luminescent crystals and magical artifacts scattered throughout. The Ljost Alfar here are known for their poetry and the captivating tales they weave under the moonlight.
T’Aurs (forests and settlements): The T’Aurs are a humanoid race that resides in the forests and settlements of Noriag. They are skilled hunters, trackers, and warriors, known for their agility and keen senses. The T’Aurs have a strong sense of honor and loyalty, and they form close-knit communities that value unity and cooperation. They are excellent archers and are respected for their martial prowess.
: A T’Aurs outpost located in the heart of the forest. Thunderhoof Camp is a strategic location for their hunting and tracking endeavors. The T’Aurs here are skilled hunters and are responsible for safeguarding the forest from any threats that may arise.
: Situated near a tranquil lake, Silverleaf Hamlet is a peaceful T’Aurs settlement. The T’Aurs here are renowned for their craftsmanship, creating intricate jewelry and accessories from silver and gemstones. The hamlet is surrounded by tall, silver-leaved trees, which are said to bring good luck to the inhabitants.
Wickeryadi (dense forest): The Wickeryadi are a tree-like race that inhabits the dense forests of Noriag. They are skilled in the arts of flora herding and have a deep understanding of plant life and herbal remedies. The Wickeryadi are peaceful beings, living in harmony with the natural world around them. They are known for their intricate weaving and craftsmanship, creating beautiful garments and artifacts from natural materials.
: A secluded Wickeryadi settlement hidden deep within an ancient and mystical forest. Whisperwood Glade is a place of tranquility and natural wonder, where the Wickeryadi tend to the trees and plants with great care. The glade is known for its mesmerizing bioluminescent flora that emit a soft glow at night.
: A larger Wickeryadi community built around the base of a massive and ancient tree. Wickylvan Hearth is a bustling hub of flora herding and craftsmanship. The Wickeryadi here are skilled weavers, creating intricate garments and tapestries from the leaves and fibers of the forest’s flora.
Some of the intricate garments and tapestries made by the Wickeryadi of Wickylvan Hearth are sold to and used by the Moss’ari. While the Moss’ari are skilled artisans and crafters in their own right, they appreciate the unique and exquisite craftsmanship of the Wickeryadi. The Wickeryadi are known for their expertise in working with various materials found in the dense forests, and their creations are highly sought after by many races, including the Moss’ari.
The Moss’ari, being a forest-dwelling race themselves, value the Wickeryadi’s deep understanding of nature and their ability to create garments and tapestries that reflect the beauty of the wilderness. The intricate designs and patterns used by the Wickeryadi often incorporate elements inspired by the flora and fauna of the forest, making their creations truly unique and enchanting.
The trade between the Moss’ari and the Wickeryadi is a testament to the mutual respect and admiration they have for each other’s craftsmanship and artistic abilities. It also fosters a sense of unity and cooperation between the two races, as they share their cultural heritage and traditions through the exchange of goods and services.
These Other Races add to the rich diversity of Noriag’s inhabitants, each contributing their unique skills, knowledge, and traditions to the fabric of the country’s culture and history. While they may keep to themselves in remote locations, their presence and influence can still be felt in the land they call home.
Skjald El Mary
- – Rich deposits of silver and other precious metals located in the Gilmata Highlands. Site Manager: Lord .
- – Abundant supply of high-quality crystal and gemstones located in Crystalmoor. Site Manager: Lady .
- – A vast and ancient forest providing a variety of timber and rare herbs. Site Manager: Master .
- – Home to a wide array of marine life and a prime location for fishing and harvesting seafood. Site Manager: Captain .
- – Known for its fertile soils and rare exotic flora, it supplies various botanical ingredients. Site Manager: Mistress .
- – Rich in peat and other organic materials, used for fuel and agricultural purposes. Site Manager: Lord .
- Norad Nugs – A rare deposit of precious gems and crystals hidden within the Norad Nugs mountain range. Site Manager: Lady .
- Gulturp Plains – Vast grazing lands for livestock, particularly famous for breeding Ljostari Elks. Site Manager: Lady .
- Olmin Peninsula Vineyards – Renowned for its excellent wines and vineyards along the coast. Site Manager: Master .
- Lake Dopmut – A natural reserve teeming with aquatic life and a major source of freshwater. Site Manager: Lord .
- – Known for its high-quality stone and materials used in construction. Site Manager: Lord .
- – A lush valley providing fertile land for agriculture and cattle farming. Site Manager: Lady .
These natural resources are managed and overseen by a team of experts, including representatives from the noble families, local experts, and guild members. The Countrywide Council ensures the sustainable use and fair distribution of these resources to benefit all the races and regions of Noriag.
Resources, Items and Objects
Noriag boasts a diverse range of natural resources and skilled craftsmanship, which contribute to its main exports. Some of the primary exports of Noriag are:
Enchanted Artifacts: The skilled artisans of Noriag, particularly the Ljost Alfar and Kobold, create intricate and enchanted artifacts imbued with magical properties. These artifacts include enchanted weapons, armor, jewelry, and other mystical items sought after by adventurers and collectors from across the realm.
Rare Herbs and Potions: The Ljost Alfar and T’Aurs are renowned for their knowledge of herbs and alchemy. They export rare herbs and potent potions with various magical effects, used for healing, enhancing abilities, or even providing visions to the seekers of knowledge.
Exotic Wood and Timber: Noriag’s vast and dense forests yield high-quality timber and exotic woods, sought after by craftsmen and builders in neighboring countries. The artisans are known for crafting exquisite wooden items and furniture from these forest resources.
Jewelry and Gemstones: The Kobold and Drakk Alfar are adept at crafting intricate jewelry, and they export a wide range of finely crafted pieces adorned with gemstones found in Noriag’s mines and caves.
Fine Wines and Spirits: Noriag’s temperate climate and fertile lands produce a variety of delicious fruits, which are used to create fine wines and spirits. The wineries and distilleries of Noriag are renowned for their craftsmanship and their unique flavors.
Agricultural Products: Noriag’s fertile plains and farmlands produce an abundance of agricultural products, including grains, fruits, and vegetables. These are exported to neighboring countries to support their food supply.
Metalwork and Forged Goods: The Drakk Alfar and Kobold are skilled metalworkers, and they export finely crafted weapons, armor, and mechanical devices made from Noriag’s rich ore deposits.
Arisen Services: While not typical exports, after the emergence of the Arisen, some neighboring countries seek the services of skilled necromancers and Arisen to handle burial and tomb-related matters, offering a unique form of trade.
These exports contribute to Noriag’s economic prosperity and help foster trade and cooperation with its neighboring countries.
The rumors about Vampires in Noriag are true. Over the years, there have been sightings and stories of creatures that fit the description of vampires roaming the remote and dark corners of the country. These sightings have given rise to various legends and tales among the people of Noriag.
However, the existence of vampires is still a topic of debate and skepticism among scholars and common folk alike. Some believe that these sightings are merely the result of superstition and folklore, while others swear by their encounters with these mysterious creatures.
It is said that the vampires in Noriag are elusive and reclusive, preferring to keep to the shadows and the cover of night. They are rumored to be powerful and immortal beings, feeding on the blood of the living to sustain themselves.
The truth behind these rumors remains a mystery, and the people of Noriag continue to share stories and warnings about the possible existence of vampires. Whether they are real or merely the product of imagination and fear, the legends of vampires add an air of intrigue and mystique to the already diverse and enchanting land of Noriag.
Last Updated on 2023-08-10 by IoM-Christian